Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Accidental Thrifting

Once a year I have a lung doctor appointment in the east of Montreal. I'm not saying the East End because it is an entirely different neighbourhood.

So I leave work early and decide to get off at the Beaudry Metro station (one stop earlier) and walk.

I was in for qute a shock! I found the area so dingy, sad, poor,desperate....I used to work in the vicinity in the late 80's.

It is known as the Gay Village and was, when I worked there. Now I understand the need to gather with same interest people but I can't understand the need to live in such depressing streets and why the area is so rundown!

It is as if nobody cares! 1 in 3 stores or restaurant are for rent or for sale and the residential building are oh so sad....

Well in all my walking and interior rambling I got lost....and making my way back to the hospital....

I saw a thrift shop, a st vinny ; which we don't really have a lot of in Montreal.

So I went in and conquered!


 
                               Will you take me home with you? For supper? Of course!
                                             Now Santa is a bit tired of riding in the bus...
                                             Santa is not so sure he likes public transit!

I also found a 1970's plastic Xmas village. It is now in my office and I will post pictures when it is all set up.

So dream peaceful, dream big my faithful friends and readers! Remember I am making lists and I am checking them twice! 

3 comments:

Jill said...

Love him and so cute that he rode the bus!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Santa on the bus! Love it!

Cheapchick said...

Well done - I would have loved to see you bringing him home on the bus. Kids must have been very interested in you!