Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Feels like the BEST DAY EVER!

Yes it did! but when you think about it I will surely have other best days ever.....

Monday, I went to the city permit office to get a permit to change the front doors....

Let's face it the house is old (125 years old), the doors are falling off (not original but ewww) and
in the last 2 winter we had snow and rain in our entry way.

My Dad had told me (repeatedly) that it was sheer HELL to get a permit from the neighborhood because the house was considered a historical property and blah, blah, blah.....

And last month, one of the companies I had asked for a submission went to the city and were turned down flat! No new door permit, only a permit to re-do the old doors.....

AAAARRRGGGHHHH!

So I decided go and get the permit myself...

 It took 2 hours.....

 But when the clerk told me he would give me a permit
I nearly cried!

I am so happy to get new doors that won't let
rain and snow in!
I am sure Dad would approve!

This is a miracle and I thank God for it!


Have a great night!


3 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I'm so happy for you! New doors will make a big difference!

Cheapchick said...

OMG I cannot believe how hard it is to get a permit to change the freaking doors! I can understand the structure but I cannot understand the door part! What about safety?!? Let alone staying warm. Good for you!

Cheapchick said...

I meant to also say I love your new door, very classy!