Saturday, July 28, 2018

Nothing better than a vacation

who doesn't like a vacation?

A vacation is a great time to travel, catch up on things or just be....

We started our vacation with a wee road trip to a part of Quebec I had never visited! Shawinigan!

I had heard of a flea market in that town and I found a Pyrex Blue Horizons bowl set for a great deal on Facebook and the seller was in Shawinigan!

I found that this was one of the strangest flea market I had visited because a lot of the booths were so stuffed that you could not go in...and in some cases the owners could not get in either...I saw an old lady just sitting against a huge 4 by 12 block of stuff....





does she know her inventory? The flea market was mostly overwhelming because of the stuffiness and the cigarette smell.....

I also had one of the best restaurant experience EVER! Dan kept talking about The Greek....and they might have uniforms....

well we made it to the Greek! A total travel destination!




the restaurant is huge...and what I noticed from outside is how clean it was! White and blue the Greek colors! They offer multiple recharging stations for your electrical vehicle. Like 10!

We ordered pikilia for an app and an all dressed pizza to share. everything was really fresh and good. the pizza crust was one of the best thing I had tasted in a long while...

And they serve you in traditional Greek uniforms...Is that a hoot of what?


and there is sheep living in a paddock that you can pet!



the fur is like a Brillo pad! It seems they have more than one sheep but we just saw one.

I really like this quirky place and it so happens that we need to go back to this neck of the wood...because we need to go and find parts to rebuild the original door handles from our apartment....oh no...I might have to eat that delicious pizza again???? NOOOOOO! lol

 sorry for the delay it took 2 weeks to download the sheep pics.....

2 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a fun time. Love the Greek uniforms and the food...amazing!

Cheapchick said...

I am so looking forward to a future trip to Quebec! I hate flea markets that stack stuff like that - how are you supposed to look at anything! They need to have a gigantic sale and move some stock but perhaps flea marketers are just hoarders who moved the crap out of their house? That Greek place looks amazing - I love Greek food, an even tie with Mexica food