Monday, August 15, 2011

Guess What?

Guess what?


The lamp is going back!!! We took it out of the box, I held it up; I had time for a picture…..and it went back in the box!

Back to the drawing board!

Here’s a pic of said lamp


Bye Bye Lamp!


Now a couple weeks ago we bought a rattan shade that id mid-centuryish for a big fat 3$....Now I’ll be looking for a kit to hang it up.

There were discussions to spray paint it but i was afraid we would regret it....If we don't like that lamp over the dining room table, it will go in a corner of the living room.


Now this is really funny Dan keeps saying we need touches of color! Yeah, yeah I know but in this case it ‘s definitely a case of Rome wasn’t built in a day! Still tired but not as stressed out....

I’m praying to get the ok for a week of unpaid R&R. That would be heavenly!

In the mean time here are some pics of Pyrex in action


Caprese salad lunch

Leftovers! I love leftovers! From left to right:
Smashed new potatoes with green onions in Spring Blossom Green, tzaziki sauce in the small fridgie and cevapcicis in the Butterfly Gold. It was delicious!

Right now I'm off to watch Masterchef and then off to bed.

Sweet dreams faithful readers :)

4 comments:

Zootsuitmama said...

Looks yummy (stuff in bowl!) Was something wrong with the lamp or did you just not like it? My daughter would love it!

Tara Beaulieu said...

I like the red and white lamp too, was it just to red for the room?

Your salad looks gooooood. Caprese salad is one of my faves!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I put leftovers in my Pyrex last night also. New potatoes, meatloaf and green beans. I also like the lamp but guess it's not right for the intended space. Hope you are having a good day.
hugs,
Linda

Vonlipi said...

It wasn't too red, it just wasn't right for us. It's... hard to explain.

I guess we'll know which is right when we see it!