Sunday, February 19, 2017

Win Win !

another kitchen post!

I believe I complained a couple of times about my cooktop.....

It is a 1979 Jenn-air. The vent works perfectly and I loooove it!

After the repairman came and told me parts for this model don't exist anymore....I installed the grill.

So I had 2 burners and a grill. when you use the grill the vent turns itself on at the highest setting, it makes a lot of racket and the grill never really gets hot enough....

So I have 2 burners....

sometimes meal planning is really hard because of only 2 burners...

 
 I got the idea to buy a stand alone burner.....
I found out that Canadian Tire sells those....


 So we gathered all our Canadian Tire money,
$18.25 in total
and I bought myself this...
 I only paid $4.35 !

I am so happy, it works really well!

Yeah! Until we find parts for the cook top or save money to get a new one...
Those are expensive!
So I'll take my little extra burner any day!

Stay thrifty!


1 comment:

Cheapchick said...

I lived with one of those little burners for a year when I lived in a little apartment over a garage that had no kitchen. I used a microwave and that burner for everything and had a minifridge. You only have to be careful to not knock off the pots as it is a little raised up. One of the burners in Mom's stove is gone but she is nursing it along too.