Saturday, September 1, 2012

This week in thrifting

This has been quite a surprising week in thrifting!

On wednesday in the my fave church basement I found a rocking vintage stainless steel french canister set! I've been wanting one for quite a while!

It has a couple of scratches but other wise in pretty good shape
and the price was right!
 
Today was a big yard sale day here and we were in the car bright and early.
 
We found this
 
A brand new unopened collapsible cooler set -2$
We used those a lot, to go dancing,thrifting,shopping....
We almost always carry water and snacks everywhere we go and the ones we have are pretty
sad now.
 
I bought this book with Dan in mind and I'm sure it will be consulted often because it's a DIY
book on 60's furniture!
 Here's a closeup
SWEET!
 
A vintage Tupperware and 4 micro brewery glasses.
 
2 Stella Artois glasses for my fave sister in law
who reads the blog.
I hope these are like the one you broke.
 
 
A sweet carnival butter dish
 
A vintage aluminum lunch box with.....
 
2 View Masters with a lot of slides
COOL!
 
A green refrigerator dish, vaseline glass maybe?
 
 
I love that lid!
 
It was in the middle of children's games and clothes!
 
Dan also got a shoe rack but it's still in the car.
 
No Pyrex sighting, but you never know what I'll find tomorrow!
 
Be well my thrifty friends,
I'm off to start supper!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Sir Thrift-A-Lot said...

Is vaseline glass the same as uranium glass?

French containers are pretty cool. Love the style & never seen any in French before.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Oh wow I think I love EVERYTHING you bought! Great finds. LOVE the canister set...in French how sweet! Hugs, Linda

Old Fashioned Gal said...

I love your vintage barware and canisters!
I've been a little under the weather recently but I can't wait to post about my gifted vintage cookbooks!
Hope you're having a great week!:)
-Denise
p.s. I've been keeping my eye out for a sweet treasure for you... :)

Mick said...

What great finds! Love the green glass.