Tuesday, December 29, 2015

A Vintage Xmas

Hello there!

I hope you all had a great Xmas. Mine was wonderful and vintage!

On Xmas Eve it was still 61F! In December in Quebec! I saw guys in shorts and ladies in t-shirts...and a lot of sockless folks.

I got raves for my tourtiere (meat pie) and ragout de boulettes (meatball stew). We all had a great time.

 Fog in Montreal

 Gifts! (we forgot to put away the bag of chips...)
It ended up being a running gag.

 3 new friends! I had the snowman in the store a couple of years ago and I always regretted selling it....
It was the first time I've seen the cute soldier. And how adorable is the reindeer?

 The mantle
Needless to say that with the heat we didn't make a fire!

 The village

 This was in my stocking. It comes from Russia.
The bag shows fries and ketchup. These are not fries...
These are stale bread chips with seasonings...you eat them with the ketchup!
It was disgusting! We had a laugh about that!

After all the excitement, it was time for a little
nap!

Be well and I hope to post soon!

1 comment:

Cheapchick said...

Definitely weird Russian treat...put ketchup on anything and someone will eat it? Your home looks so festive! I am glad you had a nice warm Christmas...so weird that we had snow and you didn't. Happy New Year!