Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New year!!!

To all my friends from the blogosphere, I wish you a fantastic New Year!

Happiness, health and prosperity to all . May you reach your goals , whatever they might be.

I ended 2015 by cooking a turkey, removing all the cooked meat and storing it Pyrex dishes covered in turkey broth. I'll just have to reheat it tonight for a moist delicious turkey dinner.

I also made additional broth with the carcass.


I also made a batch of our traditional Hoppin' John.
Black eyed peas, rice, tomatoes and bacon to
insure wealth in the coming year...more than enough to cover the bills,
big or small. 

 That's my dinning room table with the usual suspects of Xmas decor

Since I last posted we had more than 15 inches of snow! Surprise!
Well not really, it is Quebec after all....

Speaking of snow...I have to go shovel!

Stay warm and keep on thrifting!

1 comment:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Happy New Year to you also! I'm enjoying a quiet day and trying to shed this sadness.
hugs,
Linda