Friday, March 4, 2016

Mount-Royal

Located in Montreal, Mount-Royal is believed to be an ancient extinct volcano....

It is more a hill than a mountain. As per Wikipedia it is part of the Mounteregian hills. The Mount Royal park  was designed by Frederick Law Olmsted who also designed Central Park.

It is known as the city's lung and a great place to enjoy the great outdoors without leaving the city!

 This is a view of Beaver Lake, a man made lake.

 We like to walk around it or snowshoe around it.

 The chalet was built in the 60's and is a great place to get hot chocolate.
There is an outdoor skating rink nearby too.

We like to go there to decompress after work. It is so peaceful .
It just hit me that when I was a wee girl, Dad and I would go for walks and to
pick wildflowers every Sunday in Spring and Summer.


Another sign Spring is just around the corner? Spring flowers are
out at the Dollarama!!!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR SPRING!!!

3 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Great getaway so close to home! I'm ready for Spring also.
hugs,
Linda

Bargain Hunting Treasure Seeker said...

That chalet is AWESOME!!! Thanks for the pics!! Spring IS on its way...even though we keep getting snow...at least that's what I keep telling myself!! :)

Cheapchick said...

You deserve some Spring! Spring is here, with pollin and hubby sneezing :) My weeds are growing - will have to mow the lawn for the first time since November likely at the end of the month. Boy, you guys still have lots of snow!