Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Do you remember these?

Do you remember these?





These beautiful mid-century lovelies? Last Saturday (after the church basement blowmold orgy) we headed west to Cornwall, Ontario.

After a quick and unfruitful visit to VV where I spotted these....




I got to admit I don’t really like English Pyrex. Most of their patterns are blah and remind me of old maids, what can I say to each is own!

I know plenty of people who think I’m certifiable for collecting oodles and oodles of Pyrex!

Back to the roadtrip....About 10 minutes west of Cornwall is Long Sault and what is there in Long Sault?

The Market Place flea market, it is a really small and sweet flea and that is where the lovelies reside.

We’ve been checking them out for quite a while now....



And this time they were nearly 50% off! But we didn’t get them, because we had just spend a chunk of change on the grill and the paint and the new floor.

Fast forward Sunday and Dan is running around with a tape measure and a pad of paper and next thing I know, I hear: We should get them they are not expensive, blahblahblah, they would look great, we can fit all the tv components in, blahblahblah, where is the phone book I need to call the flea!


We should get them next week! I,m really excited! I need to clear the sideboard and a bureau because it’s full of merchandise from my Etsy shop!

I'm sooo excited I can't wait to get them !

6 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Awesome! OMG they are so cool and they will be great in your home! So happy for you! I only have one piece of English Pyrex and like you I'm not in love with most of their patterns either.

Jill said...

I'm not a fan of much of the Eglish Pyrex either - I did buy a few pieces - now I want to get rid of them - I really don't like them! I do love one mod piece that I have though!

The White Pear Tree said...

Those are awesome mid-century pieces! Hope you get them.

I do have the set of the second Pyrex you show here, I kind of like the detailing of it. It's called Cherry blossom I think. One other English Pyrex piece I have is a dark pink Gooseberry bowl, quite different from the North American Gooseberry pink. But as for the rest of the English pyrex, I'm with you, the patterns are kind of too pastel and wimpy.

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

YESSSS I'm glad this story had a happy ending! I managed to drag my MCM hutch up 3 flights of stairs to my apartment but still have yet to find an inexpensive & in good condition credenza/buffet. I'm wanting one to use as a TV stand.

Vonlipi said...

Leilani that is just how the credenza will be used!

I can't wait to see it with the tv on it and all the components inside!

Unknown said...

JEALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOUS!!!!