Thursday, June 16, 2011

Farm Fresh part 2 and living room update

So yesterday afternoon I picked up my first veggie basket. It was great to meet  the farmer and chat with her, she was surprised I knew what kale was!

As expected it was a small basket because it was the first.

I got a bunch of radishes, a leaf lettuce, a bunch of young kale, a tomato, some lemon basil, an edible flower (the english name escapes me...) and 4 potatoes.

Those simple offerings filled me with JOY! 

I can't wait to eat some of those beautiful veggies!

Another thing I wanted to share was the new track lighting we got for the living room / dining room. When there are no walls you need to blend the ceiling lamps; well most of them.

I spent 2 hours installing them last Saturday.

I wasn't sure at first but they are FABULOUS!

 See? I wired them right so they work!

I'm so glad I have those skills and I'm not afraid to use them!

I still need to install 2 singles from the same line.

We still need to find the ceiling lamp that will hang over our dining room table...I've been looking in eBay and the prices are CRAZY! I'm not paying 500$ for a vintage lamp!

Well last but not least....

Look what we got today....


I still need to clean the inside. They are Canadian and they are GORGEOUS! And made of walnut too!
I can't wait to put some Pyrex in it!

That is a funny pic! the white bowl on the floor is water for the cats....And believe it or not we can't fit one component in it....rats!

I can't believe Jennifer Aniston came out so clear in this pic, I think she was on Oprah!
Too much!

Well it's late and I should go to bed....See you soon my bloggy friends! Stay well! 

5 comments:

SixBalloons said...

Great looking fresh veggies! A walnut credenza is on my wish list. :)

Zootsuitmama said...

Oh I want those veggies! The credenza is really nice, this must be credenza season, Mick from the Casablanca found one too!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Oh how wonderful to have fresh from the garden veggies. I think the hutch and credenza are gorgeous! Love them.

Unknown said...

ACcccccccccccccccccccck! The furniture is aaaaaah-mazing!! wow. wow. woah.


Tracy

SusieQT said...

What style of lamp are you looking for? Let me know, I have a couple flying saucer lamps that need a good home... convo me on etsy or leave a note on my blog....