Sunday, September 27, 2015

Oh the excess and 5 frugal things

Hello there!

This hasn't been the most frugal week but I did try. Payday is next Wednesday and I had to resort to taking some change out of one of my banks to have some kind of money in my purse. I hate being without money in my purse, just in case of emergency!

Today we went to Costco, for the first time in 20 years to have my picture taken for my card (and Dad's).

OMG! I couldn't believe that Christmas stuff was already out, especially cookies and chocolate! Now tell me you will be able to resist for 3 whole months!!!

I couldn't get over the size of the food containers, so huge! Do we need a gallon of mayo, NO!

I didn't feel a lot of need to buy stuff. But we bought:


We bring coffee to work a lot and those travel mugs are
fantastic! No spill, no mess and it beats buying a coffee from Starbuck's or
Second Cup!

2016 Cat calendar
I can't live without one of these for the office, it brings me soooo
much joy!
so usually I pay $13.99 with Amazon.ca.

We also bought Halloween candy because we decided that we will give out candy this
year after 19 years!
I am already planning an old school Halloween decor

Now for the 5 frugal things:

1) I made chicken stock from scratch from the chicken bones from last week's chicken.
2) I roasted fresh red peppers for freezing so much cheaper than the jarred ones
3) I salvaged some forgotten zucchinis from certain garbage death by making a zucchini cream soup
4) I went to a garage sale this morning at 9:00am but they hadn't put any stuff out so I came home
without spending a cent!!!
5) We share diner and laughs with my Dad 5 times this week! 

So have a wonderful week my friends I will try to blog in the next few days

sleep well :)

2 comments:

svelteSTUFF said...

I'm with you!... Those CONTIGO mugs are THE.BEST!!!!!!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I go to Sam's sometimes and I know the items are so large, I also don't buy much unless I can share it with my family. Good for you and your frugal savings this week.