Sunday, December 30, 2018

2018 recap

2018 was one of the craziest year of my life!

Ups and downs, mostly ups and a lot of things happening at the same time!

January started innocently enough but on the 3rd Dan had a heart attack! Fortunately the superstars at the CHUM (University of Montreal Hospital Center) fixed my SO better than new with stents.

We were scared and an event like surely puts things in perspective!

In March we travelled to Toronto (spending my Dad's frequent flyer miles).

I really liked Toronto, people were so very friendly and the city is super easy to navigate. We like to walk and that is what we did! I recommend visiting the Botanical Gardens, entrance is free and it is fabulous. I saw lemons bigger than my head!

I April we had the kitchen and one bathroom repainted...The both needed a refresh so bad!

In May I spend the last of Dad's frequent flyer miles and we spent a week in Rome. A total dream vacation! I am glad we took a roaming package from the phone company because I used my phone a lot to find places! If you are in the historical center, you can walk pretty much anywhere and see living history!
 This old fountain has always been one of favorites ever since I first saw it 
47 years ago (yikes)
Somethings are just burned in your memory!

                         Another favorite is the Trevi fountain. To think it is the garden of this palace!
                          and if you visit don't forget to throw a Euro in and make a wish!

Just after coming back I had the back stairs grinder and repainted! It makes such a difference and gives another 10 years of life to them .


Just after that I had the basement fixed with membranes and a sump pump and a dehumidifier.



That is a huge difference as well! the humidity has gone down, no more water...woohoo!

That work was long overdue but for some reason Dad did not take care of it....Oh well, now it is done  and I feel I did right by the house. I took care of it....

So this concludes part one of recap 2018! Next part will be purge, purge, purge, falling in love,Vegas
baby and getting ready to move!

Be well my friends!

2 comments:

Cheapchick said...

Holy cow, you did so much work on that house! Looking forward to seeing where you move to

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Wow you have had a busy 2018! Can't wait to read more!