Saturday, October 4, 2008

Dreams do come true...


I already mentioned the Pyrex soldiers led by my dear Dad in a previous post; well they came trough BIG time!!!
I got this amazing and very rare canadian Pyrex delphite casserole! I am in awe....I make a point to use as much of my pieces as possible, but I might make an exception on that one! It looks more fragile than regular Pyrex.
Next we have a beautiful Woodland 473 casserole (If you had told me two months ago that I would like brown I would've pucked-yes I tell you!), I love that design!!!

Next two new beauties...A Horizon divided vegetable dish, I just love that color and the lid pattern is really distinctive. It makes it hard to tell it is Horizon coz' they keep changing the pattern! And Dad actually said " Please stop it smells like Pyrex" How crazy is that? What does Pyrex smell like?
And last but not least, a really popular casserole in the Pyrex in action group on Flickr: the Heinz promo casserole (buy 3 Heinz products and for .79 cents get this beautiful casserole). What I find interesting is that the shape and color are unsusual, the company never made other pieces like that (not that I know of....)

I feel truly blessed and spoiled to get all those wonderful Pyrex pieces.

Thanks Dad- Merci Papa :)

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Love the blue. I finally found some turquoise pieces but didn't want to pay $20 for them so I left them. Now I wish I had gotten at least one. Enjoy your trip to the beach!

Vonlipi said...

Thanks Cynthia! I did enjoy the trip very much!

When thrifting I ask myself if I would regret the piece, if I left it there...If so I buy it other wise I leave it there...Hope this helps :)