Thursday, October 28, 2010

What I left behind

Well finally I was able to put my hands on the couch's bill ! The name of the darling store it came from is
BC Ameublement 22 rue Ellice, Salaberry-de-Valleyfield. They don't have a web site. I'm not getting paid for this. I love this place and the owners are really nice so I decided they needed a shout-out.

Here's some of the things I didn't buy while I was there...

That is one caliente lady!

Ok this dish set was totally amazing, I don't know how many place settings but it had hard boiled egg plates,candleticks,casseroles,vegetable bowls...the WORKS! 

And how much was the whole set??? Twenty bucks! Yep you read that right!
Now why didn't I buy it? First there is the Martha thing and second how much would it cost to ship somewhere if I would put in Etsy?

This painting was really adorable, I love the way the hood is crooked. This is definitely homemade!

This cute little bowl is Beauceware and I decided to get it for the shop.

And this sugar dispenser would fit right in the store too!

And guess what?

The owner gave it to me because we bought the couch!
How nice is that?
So if you like thrifting and are in the greater Montreal area or if you're in eastern Ontario and on a saturday drive , do yourself a favor and stop by you never know what you might find!

So this morning has been strange so far....My antique armoire opened by itself and spat Pyrex lids at us! Holy haunted armoire Batman! We picked up a lot of broken glass! Dan broke a drinking glass and threw water allover! Is something wonky in the stars? LOL

I want to say hi to my friend Johanne (Dan's sister in law). Tomorrow is her last day at work, she will be retiring after 30 years of work at Desjardins (a financial institution). WOOHOO! You earned it girl! Enjoy your retirement and we'll see you soon!  

4 comments:

ana @ i made it so said...

ohmygosh that's the mother load of figgjo turi dishes!!! i collect those green and white dishes, i have 4 pieces. oh my.... where was that?? you can send me an email if you want. what an unbelievable find!

(i wrote about them here http://imadeitso.com/2010/09/24/chacun-a-son-gout/ )

concretenprimroses said...

Looks like a great store!
thanks for the addy, I live in NH and go to Montreal on occassion.
Kathy

Unknown said...

wow, all I find is junk. And its beat up junk besides.

this is gold.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Just one more reason to make a trip to Montreal!!