Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Vacation Tidbits

Last week was wonderful and very different at the same time. We both got a nasty colds. The temperature was just a nasty; cold and damp except for the day I forgot Henry!


OOB was like a ghost town


We finished the puzzle

What's up with the pink cake? Has anybody tried it?


These muffins crack me up, they are pistaccio something....I've seen some of those green monsters since 1998....Just who buys those? They are soooo eeeewwww GREEN!


Henry went fishing...Here he is posing with his catch...
Yes Henry we'll have it mounted and installed on the wall in the living room.... 

Dan the loves these desinfectant wipes at the supermarket(we don't have those in Quebec). Everything gets a wipe down; I swear if we had a kid he would get wraped in the stuff!

The jury is still out on the Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks...Is there any coffee in that brew?
 As a rule I don't like Starbucks, their coffee gives me heartburn and I don't like their fucked up sizes. Here's Henry next to a Grande (small). The prices freaked me out; can you believe that the beautiful caserole in the un-opened box costs less that that drink?  

I had some steamers, I hadn't had some in AGES (ok like 3 years)
To me steamers are something I eat in Hampton Beach NH, don't know why...
It is what it is

Aren't those the saddest Pyrex EVER? They were 6$ each
Seen in a flea

On the way back we stopped at the source. Every year we see bunches of people bended with empty gallons getting their fill....

Henry had a drink too!

We shopped a lot too (Bad weather). I love going at Target, it's sooo cheery! I bought a lot of cute sweaters.

Walmart was boring, but the food section OMG! We don't have those in Québec. There is a bit of food in Walmart but not an entire supermarket in it!

The Christmas tree shop is always to die for, I always buy WAY too much stuff there!
Crazy Miss V!
So dispite the weather and the cold, last week was really fun!
And guess what? I get to do it all over again starting this coming Saturday!

People of Maine! I wanna see TONS of yard sales and more Pyrex on those tables! Mouhahaha!

7 comments:

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Yes, I've eaten pink angel food cake before; but never green cupcakes. Nice catch Henry. And yup, I agree with you on Starbucks prices!

But I don't agree with you on the wipes thing. I'm trying to get people to go back to using good old soap and water. The anti-bacterial wipes clean out good and bad bacteria and make us more susceptible to germs. We also now have a host of bacteria that are resistant to all our known drugs. Experts have proven that soap and water works just as well as antibacterial agents; and they're healthier for us.

That's my rant! Looks like you had a great time.

Alyssa Bee said...

Love the picture of the abandoned rollercoaster..very eerie!
And comparing the price of your once in a lifetime find to a Starbucks latte really helps to put things into perspective! Wow!

Vonlipi said...

Sandy I totally agree with you about the soap and water. We are really an antibacterial couple but whenever we go to that supermarket Dan goes crazy on these wipes. Thank god it only happens a couple of times a year!

Maureen said...

Well it sounds like you made the best of it! And you're going back? It's a good thing that you aren't there this week. It's been raining all week - but the weekend is supposed to be good.

I love doing puzzles but I haven't done one in a while. Oh..and Christmas Tree Shops! I used to go crazy when I would come down here on vacation but now I have one about 10-15 minutes from home but I don't go often. That's the way it is I guess.

Jim said...

We love Maine for their yard sales....especially along the coastal route! Got to get back soon.
Jim

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Well looks like you had a wonderful time despite colds and bad weather. Henry what a good catch! I can't wait to see this mounted and on the wall (I am so laughing). Now I must agree with the anti-bacterial rant...we are killing good and bad germs! Hey that was so very sad Pyrex! Makes me hurt. Good luck next time, find something wonderful. I am NOT a starbucks fan, well except for the awesome coffee cups I find in the thrift for cheap! :)

Mimi said...

Hooray for vacation! Thanks for sharing your pics. Those green muffins look freaky! And that sad Pyrex. Oh dear!! Did you give it a home? Hope you're feeling better...