Sunday, March 13, 2011

Road trip deliciousness and WARM BUNS...

Yesterday was declared a road trippy fun kinda day; and that was just fine with me!

I made a lot of delicious finds! Like this....

A large Pyrex canister with Spice of life design. The lid is a bit yellowed but it came with a plastic insert that acts like a seal. Glass canister like these are really rare here so @ 2$ I found it a steal!

Then we crossed over to Ontario and headed off to VV. I found some Xmas light replacement bulbs, an amazing almost like new beautiful pink and green full duvet cover for 5.99$ and this truly amazing find....I have to admit when I saw it i got it for the store...but I fell in love with it in no time flat. Next thing I knew I was stroking it and whispering.....My precious.....

 My precious....A JAJ fridgie with the lid, all minty fresh! I have to admit the size is smallish, smaller than a 502.It was 3.99$ at VV. It's in my fridge right this minute with leftover bechamel sauce.

I also got this...Yes it is an electric bun warmer, mint in box, never been used, the cord is still all rolled up. It works I tried it. Mine is avocado green, it's beautifully tacky and hilarious. I need to invite people over and warm some buns!


We also fell in love with these beauties... 
This would look so good with selected barware and Pyrex!

They were too expensive for our taste so we left them there. I will take the pic to the guy where we bought our couch so he could be on the look out for some teck deliciousness...

Tomorrow I start my 3rd week at the new job. The instructor is ok, but I can't wait to work from my desk; she's sending some negative vibes....

Have a great week!

7 comments:

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

teehee hot buns, I've seen those bun warmers before but never thought I'd use one-- clearly I'm wrong!

The JAJ piece is great, never seen that pattern before. Am glad to hear it's being put to good use already.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love JAJ piece for sure!! I laughed at the bun warmer!

SixBalloons said...

oooh, love that credenza!!

MomWaldsPlace said...

Fridgie heaven you really hit the jackpot!

Be careful with your bunwarmer. I had a NIP Vintage Crockpot that did strange and mysterious things. It does not live with us anymore, but it still gets lots of attention at my blog.

You definitely need that cabinet, NEED.

The White Pear Tree said...

Oh that fridgie is fabulous!!!

And I love the bun warmer, so quaint. Who doesn't like to have their buns warmed?

Bargain Hunting Treasure Seeker said...

I've never seen a fridgie with that design before-great find!! LOL-about the warm buns! :)

Unknown said...

omg - LOVE that stuff. I can never find stuff like that, I swear what I find is crappy and beat beyond belief. Im doing better with freecycle then thrift stores.