Tuesday, July 17, 2012

More Pyrex Old and New

I was really excited to find the Zodiac casserole with lid and stand on Ebay....

The price was alright, and you know how that works....sometimes when in the middle of  a Pyrex drought one is willing to pay a bit more....

 The listing did say that there was a chip in the lid and I was willing to live with that....

but I just hate it when sellers 'miss' big flaws in vintage Pyrex....

Can you see that really big scratch? Yes the big white scratch!!!

YIKES! Yes I wrote the seller, but you know how it is....

That takes care of the new Pyrex....

Let's move on to the old Pyrex! These 2 sweeties I recovered from the depth of my under stairs wardrobe...

 If I'm not mistaken this is the Constellation divided casserole with divided lid and double warmer.


The warmer still has candles jammed in tight...red ones. I got it a couple of years ago at the Anprim Flea about an hour west of Ottawa. Maybe longer I don't know, it was one of the most boring road ever!
Only 4 or 5 interesting boots, lotsa paperbacks and video tapes.

Last but not least....Here's one I really cherish; it was given to me by my good friend CĂ©line (not Dion). It was her mother's and she remembers many saturday night with snacks served in the Snack Server!

I hope one day to find the rocking holder!

 I love the black crosses, this is sooooo cool at Halloween!


Time for my nightly veggie garden visit!
I started harvesting beans and cucumbers.
They are the best :)
 


3 comments:

Jill said...

I found one on the weekend at VV - I was shocked!!

Sir Thrift-A-Lot said...

Zodiac seems to be in the air, that's where mine came from too, Jill, a couple of weeks ago.

Vonlipi.. it still looks amazing with the stand, but damn the seller for missing the flaw.

Old Fashioned Gal said...

Love your collection! Love your blog! :)
-Denise