Saturday, July 14, 2012

Old Loves and A Thrifty Find

Time flies in summer with all the garden chores...

Weed,weed,weed,harvest,weed,weed,weed,water,water, weed,harvest!

I was, however,able to take time and rediscover some old faves (i.e: some of the Pyrex I'd stashed and forgot about)

New Dots in blue a gift from Dad from The Brimfield Flea in Mass.
I'm always in awe the way light hits milkglass.

Stripes in blue (yep I forgot the real name of the pattern) Is it Pastel Stripes?
I'll look it up.
Again the light. It makes me all fuzzy inside

I'm glad I found you!

Now I thought I'd share some day to day Pyrex with you.
This is where some of my everyday Pyrex lives


Closer?


Huuuummm Pyrex!

I love me some Pyrex :)

How about a nice salad in Pyrex?

 This was super tasty!
Grape tomatoes,artichoke hearts, sliced black olives, green onions and green
and yellow beans fresh picked from the garden!
 Yummy!

OMG I almost forgot about the thrifty find!

Yes that is a lamp, a turquoise metal lamp.
Now Dan insists on placing the shade that way....but that leaves little room
for the light bulb!

Yes you're seeing right!

New from the Christmas Tree Shop in South Portland
$2.25!

I'm giddy every time I look at it !



Well that's it for me folks, sleep tight ! 



2 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I always love your Pyrex and to see your 'everyday' Pyrex....wonderful. I use mine more and more all the time! Love the stripe bowl...a new favorite! hugs, Linda

Jill said...

You are not the only one to find the blue stripes lately... wish it was me.....