Monday, October 19, 2015

And then the door fell!

I had quite the weekend filled with stress and panic,fear, tears...You name it.

It began with a health scare while at the hairdresser and a ride to the hospital in ambulance....

But don't worry, everything came back negative! But we did spend 12 hours in the emergency room while they were making sure Dan was A-Okay.

Thank god I had my trusty aluminium .lunch box containing snacks....But it wasn't enough.

This was my dinner:

 2 baby bell cheeses, 1 pack of Melba toast and 2 soda crackers....
Needless to say I am sooo tired I felt like a zombie at the office today...

Yesterday afternoon, I had chicken thighs in the oven...

 This is my 1980 Roy oven.
So yesterday afternoon I opened the door
and immediately knew something was not right....
The door just gave out, I was holding it with my oven mitts


As you can see, we know have bricks and a melamine plank holding it.
And I will not be using it anymore.

My Dad said it had been a good oven and had given all he could and it was time to take it to pasture....
So I am now shopping for a new one....

I'll keep you posted.

Be well!
 

2 comments:

Cheapchick said...

I am so sorry about the health scare with your hubby - fingers and toes crossed things quiet down for you. Perhaps a new oven is a good thing, even cooking etc :)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Oh those scary health things are frightening! Glad all is well. A new oven might be a good thing :)