Saturday, January 5, 2019

Recap 2018 part 3

By October I realized that if I wanted to make a HUGE dent in my Dad's stuff I needed an outlet, somewhere where they would take a large variety of items....

I found those lovely people on Facebook and they have a second hand store in my new neighborhood.

They were a total godsend! and right now my priority is getting rid of stuff and making a bit of money and it makes them happy and I am happy so everybody is happy!

Here are some of the things they took

 So much copper! Yes there is a market for it but people like to pay $1 soon
I was happy to see it go.

 Pewter was my Mom's fave. I kept a couple of pieces
bit I was singing a song when it left....
 More copper....aaarrrggghhh!
 Brass anyone? The glassware I still have and I just might keep
the celery glasses because they make great vases.
 They did not want the duck family at first but they took them!
Woohoo! I could not stand these guys....
I kept an antique Chinese one for Peking duck
 Yes I sold this one but in the classifieds and well below market price.
I am against Pyrex that is so expensive so need to second mortgage your house!
I bought this one in early 2018 for a really good price and I made a profit while
making a husband really happy to find a great gift for his wife for Xmas!
Is that a win win??? YYYEEESSSSSSS!

I French those chairs are called Burgers and I've seen them all my life.
I have a picture of Dad holding me on my first Xmas and he is sitting in one of those.
well they were from the early 1900's and would have benefited from a total makeover.
They were ripped up by claws...kinda scratchy and smelly so out they went....

sigh....

and then I fell in love! Every Thursday night I would check the duplexes for sale....
and it was always the same listings....crappy buildings....weird renos....a new trend is totally opening
the space even the bedroom.....NO just NO!

 I saw it on Friday night, I left a message to the realtor. He called me back on Saturday
On Sunday we visited, we made an offer and it was accepted all in the same weekend!
 I dream of that kitchen at night...heated floors ...what???
It is so square....and plumb and white and shiny.
 I love the floors....
I have a basement, I have a basement lol
that is so exciting to me.....

Thanks for bearing with me! I was sure by January 5th I would've posted my resolutions...

I still haven't been to Vegas!

That is for another day

Be well my friends

4 comments:

Paulette said...

Congratulations on your beautiful new home!!

Unknown said...

That strawberry box is amazing!..

Linda @ A La Carte said...

It does feel good to find someone willing to take old treasures. I have some I'm giving away but some I would like to sell. Love your new condo! So happy for you!

Cheapchick said...

Ah the first glimpses of your new place - it's truly beautiful! Wow, you did move a lot of stuff - where did they have it all? So much pewter and copper. Both used to be so popular.