Sunday, September 14, 2008

Harvest time


In this part of the world, it is harvest time and I am trying to preserve as much as I can. Today, was quite a busy day. I put up a batch of salsa and I cooked a big batch of tomato sauce for freezing.
Earlier in the week we went to a local flea market (with new stuff and food stuff) and I bought a 20 pound box of field tomatoes for 6$ and 8 humonguous red peppers for 4$. At another farm stand I bought 5 big green peppers for 1$. So I have been running around trying to preserve as much goodness as possible!
The first picture is while in tomato sauce action, you can see the tomato guts all over!!! And I also included a picturfe of the finished salsa.
Tomorrow I will atempt to make a batch of apple jelly (remember I went apple picking?)

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Love the pyrex bowls! I always think I would like to can something then I think of all the work that goes into making them and decide against it. Enjoy your harvest!

Vonlipi said...

Actualy that salsa was real quick to make, I bought a mix of spices from Bernardin, cut up some tomatoes ans peppers and presto! Salsa!!!