Saturday, September 20, 2008

Vacation finds


Well here they are...The Pyrex I brought back from vacation. Some are from Brimfield and the rest is from Maine. The 3 Crazy Daisy nesting bowls came from Brimfield, were nearly new (the only thing missing was the box! They had the original cardboard separating them.) The vendor was asking 15$, but when it was time to pay, she said just gimme 12$. Super cool! A gift from Dad.
I found a really cool stand selling tons of Corelle dishes and Pyrex. Everything was 50% off. I got 2 Bradford house plates and the S&P shakers for 9$.
I found out that the Bradford House was the name of the lunch counter in the W.T. Grants departement store that went bankrupt in the 70's (I love getting some stories with my Pyrex).


The turquoise round casserole comes from Brimfield as well($5) and the large turquoise square bowl is from Maine and was 50% off, so was quite a steal at $11 in minty condition!!!

Small Butterprint casserole ($5 at Brimfield) gift from Dad and Town & Country small casserole ($3.20 in Maine). I will post the rest of the pictures probably next time.

6 comments:

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Great Pyrex finds! And good prices, too. Maine is a fun state to go looking for antiques.

Vonlipi said...

Yes it is! I love going to Maine for a number of reasons....Pyrexing, antiquing, lobstering, beaching...

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

I'm surprised prices were so low at Brimfield, I figured they would jack the prices up. Nice finds!

Vonlipi said...

Hi Leilani, I was surprised too! But real glad....I did see a green New dots bowl for $65...I thought that was too much! ;)

Cynthia said...

I never see turquoise Pyrex down here. I am so jealous!

Vonlipi said...

Cynthia, I find that Pyrex colors can be regional! Here in Quebec you don't see a lot of turquoise Pyrex, but they were tons of it in Maine and Mass...Here I spot quite a few pieces of Delphite, but nothing in the States.