Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Retro Tuesday: Outfits.....

Today's Retro Tuesday is all about outfits...Outfits I thank the lord my mother never ordered!

These pictures still come from my ONLY vintage magazine; Family Circle 1962. If ever you have some magazines (vintage of course) that you would want to donate for my cause...Please write! I would appreciate this so much!

The mother-daughter outfits! Can you say tacky? I admit this calico dress is not that bad, but I find it definitely better suited for the kid!
My mom was the queen of thrift and would make me dresses in my dad's old sweaters and then she would take white tights and die them to match....I was the only 4 year old with khaki or bown outfits!


I've had this one on my mind a lot...I imagined myself doing errands with this on! And it was hilarious!

Jumpsuits and in this case the jump-in suit don't fit everybody. And certainly not me!
I'm top heavy and these look ridiculous on me! I remember as a late teen wanting one of those garage jumpsuits-they were the big fashion craze in the 80's. My mom finally caved in and bought me one, well HER version of one..the crotch was so high I could berely sit in it! And the rear was so big I could've carpooIed with it! I wore it twice....

Too bad they don't show the alternate color combo...tan with coral and toast trim. YUMMO!
I wonder what toast looks like...


Please be sure to visit my friend and blogger extraordinaire Tracy at www.crazysuburbanmom.com for more Retro Tuesday fun.

P.S: She's having an Old ElPaso giveaway for all you U.S readers! Am I jealous? You bet your sweet bippy!

5 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I remember matching outfits. I think my Mom made some for her and I once. Geesh....we were so cute! lol

Maureen said...

Haha! Makes me think Texaco, or Sunoco. That jumpsuit should be worn by a gas station attendant.

You got off easy with that one Ms. V. My mother used to make matching outfits for my sister and me...out of Phentex! Do you remember that crap? I was always catching my nails on it. Horrible stuff.

concretenprimroses said...

What funny ads! The red dresses are just too much. I dont think mom and I ever had matching outfits thank goodness!
I wonder if Phentex is the stuff that I hated so? I think it might have been nylon.
Kathy

Unknown said...

Oh man. Matching outfits (shudder)... I'm sorry about that giveaway...If it was mine it would be so open to you. But the sponsor thing...

You have to order some magazines. You can't just have one! thats crazy!

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

I love the images conjured up when I read "drop seat". Imagine how much fun this would be to wear to school with the boys behind you. It's no wonder it fazed out quickly (thank God)!

I'll be on the lookout for vintage magazines for you. I come across them every now and then at our local Sally Ann store.