Sunday, January 10, 2010

Winterscape

I was putting away the Xmas decorations yesterday and realised that I didn't post a picture of my tree or some of my favorite decorations!

So I'll just have to harass you with Xmas for a while!

First pic: These are new to me snowmen, but obviously vintage...from the 50's? the 60's? I found them in my fave church basement for 10 cents each. I just fell in love with them...

Ah! The tree! It was a hodgepodge of new,vintage, antique,homemade decorations. Like I always say:a tree is personal, decorate it like you want!

I feel I didn't get to enjoy it as much as I could. But at the same time I couldn't wait to get rid of it! It's on the balcony now waiting for the recycling truck.

Now my living room seems empty and life less...

















I didn't have time to change my Pyrex display before Xmas....So I changed it for the New Year.

What says winter more than snowflakes?

Beautiful in white,turquoise and charcoal...I'm still missing some pieces like the 2 qt turquoise space saver and I'd love to get my hands on the metal lids that came with them...

I still can't believe that I passed on those lids at the Brimfield flea in 2008-they were only 1$ each! But I didn't know what they were for a the time....

Ignorance...!"/$$%?&*()_! LOL

Have a great week and stay warm!

5 comments:

Maureen said...

Oh your display is so nice. I'm blown away by the black. I've never seen it.

Can you believe I live about 1-1 1/2 hours from Brimfield and I've never been. Silly me.

CC said...

Oh, how I love your beutiful Pyrex. I've never see the charcoal color before and it's gorgeous. All Pyrex is gorgeous.

Vonlipi said...

Thank you ladies!

Maureen! Do yourself a favor and go! Get there real early! It's so much fun!

I remember seeing the charcoal for the first time in Maine in 2007...it was love at first sight!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love the Pyrex display. I haven't got enough to change out for season so all mine is displayed. I will have to get a photo one of these days.

Thrifted Treasure said...

Your collection is amazing! I hardly ever find matching pieces, although I recently found 3 matching Glasbake casseroles, but your aqua pieces - sigh...