Thursday, April 1, 2010

VTT: Thrifting with Henry

First I'd like to welcome my 48th follower Ally from Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing. I visited her blog and it was a BLAST! From the past, I remember a lot of the same things she does!

Now today for VTT it's thrifting with Henry. After the sugarshack we had to do something to digest that mountain of fat and sugar! What better activity than thrifting? I had to check out a new thrift store in the town accross the river (Vaudreuil-Dorion). I was really impressed by the size of the place and it's cleanliness! How ever the volunteers pricing the furniture were way off. It is a thrift shop after all! So no more 30$ plastic lawn chair, ok???
The housewares were very reasonnable. Henry loves to pose near candlesticks.

 

As a matter of fact as soon as I had my head turned he would run all over the place. People are not used to see an elf ,except at Christmas,and usually not thrifting!

Oh there he is! Posing near some really neat BBQ plates!

 Or Barbecutie plates! I regret leaving those behind...Having my cupboards filled to the ri with Pyrex.....It was better to leave them for someone else!

Here's what I brought back. A lovely lemony Pyrex carafe from the 60's complete with lid. A delicious snack serving set with 4 different bowls: Potato chips,pretzels,snacks and nuts. Also from the 60's it's been barely  used and still bright and shiny! And last but not least a vintage glass Xmas tree top, mint in box as they say. The box still has the original price sticker and back then it was 39 cents!
 After all that fun, even if the fat and sugar was pilling on my hips, I could breathe again!!! See thrifting is therapeutic!!!

For more vintage fun be sure to do your Thrusday Social starting with Suzanne @ Colorado Lady ! Have a great VTT everyone!

17 comments:

Postcardy said...

I'm surprised they let you photograph in the store.

Unknown said...

Ack - I love that stuff. I can't find anything lately I swear I don't know what's going on... Maybe I need a Henry to go around with as a good luck charm :)

Paulette said...

Oh, you found some great stuff! Love the Pyrex carafe and the tree topper especially. I had to read down a few posts to catch up on your other adventures. I'm a big DD&D fan too and often wish I could follow Guy and eat myself around the country. I should really take notes, at least, in case I ever get to any of those places. Cheers!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Very cool finds! I agree Henry is a good luck charm! Love the pyrex and the snack bowls...a whole set? SCORE! Of course the Christmas tree topper is gorgeous and in the box!!! Henry would you like to visit me in Georgia? I promise to take you lots of fun places and return you home safe and sound!!!

CC said...

Ohhh,I love what you bought,but I would have had to have those plates as well. I love that sweet Pyrex carafe..you and Henry did well. Give that sweet Henry a hug for me.. he's such a cutie. Happy VTT..have a wonderful weekend.

SuKnitWitty said...

You and Henry make a good team. Great finds of the carafe and tree topper...I'm guessin that was Henry's idea being he's so close to that kind of tree! Does Henry have a brother? I could use a good VTT Elf!

Coloradolady said...

Looks like you and Henry had a grand time,I too am surprised they let you take photos in the store, they are a bit picky around here about that! Have a great VTT!

deb said...

Awesome finds and awesome store!!!
*hugs*deb
say hi to Henry!

LV said...

I would have loved to been with you on this outing. You did well on all your finds.

Michelle said...

Looks like you and Henry had a blast! What a great little shop. I don't know if I could have passed up those bbq plates though. :-)

SueLovesCherries said...

Mmmm - nothing goes together better than food and thrifting! Great finds!

Cherie said...

Looks like you had fun! Happy Easter - I'll be playing along at VTT starting next week ... see you then ;)

Anonymous said...

great finds! love the yellow pyrex.

Richard said...

Oooh! I've just found your blog! And I *love* that potato chips bowl!

Tammy said...

What a cool date. I love the lemon Pyrex pitcher complete with lid. Looks like you had a great time. Good food too.

MomWaldsPlace said...

Well I've been gone a bit and missed ALOT!

You are a busy gal having fun, fun, fun. Although, if your carpet doesn't match your hair, and your soda isn't attractive I can't be your friend anymore. ;)

France Guérin said...

I would have to check this new place!

Nice finds!