Saturday, August 7, 2010

Nearly finished!

I couldn't post on Thrusday because the electrician came to install new outlets and kept opening and closing breakers...

With one new outlet in the hall I was able to plug in the new lamp I bought. Here's a peek!



To tell the truth the pic doesn't do it justice...The lampshade is more lime green than that.
I just noticed the green tape under the table...it cover a hole that we need to fill....



The other side with a stream of sun light. The table was spruced up with some dark stain. It looked pretty 1995 before but now it fits right in!
I'm always glad to come home to this wonderful new hall (with the new hall smell!)



The peaches from Ontario are to die for! Last night I grilled some...



And served 2 halves with a scoop of fat free frozen vanilla yoghurt and a bit of chocalate syrup.

It was so good I didn't have time to take a pic, we gobbled it up like maniacs!

In case you're wondering the white and blue platter is made by Pyrex for Bradford House. It was a department store with a lunch counter. Found 2 in Brimfield Ma 2 years ago.

4 comments:

Maureen said...

I've never grilled peaches. Hmmm... I might just have to do that.

The hall looks good!

Jim said...

Cut it out!! You're making me drool! We look forward to the Ontario peaches here too.Just finished offa basket actually. We are more noted for our apples in Nova Scotia.
Love the lamp....nice find.

Unknown said...

Grilled peaches are SOOOOO good! and love that lamp!

Toronto Yardsaler said...

Your pad is looking fab. You've got to enjoy the place you call home. It's always nice to see you rocking the Pyrex for day-to-day living.
Erin