Sunday, June 22, 2014

Love at First Sight!

Yesterday I remembered that this weekend is one of our yard sale weekends....

But I didn't really feel like thrifting....keep on reading folks....I didn't have a stroke everything is fine!!!

It's just I'm tired of seeing greasy Tupperwaes, jig saw puzzles and kids clothes.

We drove pas a few, but I didn't stop. We had a lot of shopping to do: drugstore, hardware store, bank....

But I did stop at a church run thrift shop. This thift shop is strange because the volunteers decide what they will be keeping to sell and throw away perfectly good vintage things that they don't like!

Once in a while I get Pyrex there but not this time. I almost walked by it. Then I did a double take and just grabbed it.


Isn't she a beauty?
A handpainted made in Japan appetizer plate.
By the look of it she's from the 60's
(just like me)
 

  Check out the foot with the crocs!
 I totally fell for that plate...
Also at that thift shop I saw this

This is a cute telephone table.
 

                             I wish this coffee room table was in real wood
 
 This is one of the ugliest painting I've ever seen, no joke!
 
You know that patio furniture we got a while back? Well we're looking for a cover
for the loveseat....Nobody sells one!
Not Wallmart, Home Depot, Reno Depot , Patrick Morin (a Quebec based hardware chain), Rona,
Canadian Tire....NOBODY SELLS THEM!!!
And when we ask for it, we get looks....like you is crazy people looks!
 
But thank God for the internet! I found one reasonnably priced that will be coming my way from Texas....
 
Can't wait!
 

2 comments:

Jill said...

That's a pretty cute plate!

Aren't the yardsales just terrible, I am sick of seeing dollar store stuff!

Mick said...

What a neat plate, and i love a good telephone table. May you win the war of the weeds in your garden!