Monday, March 23, 2009

Good food!

I love trying new recipes, but I find that nothing was enticing me lately....Too much recession cooking! Don't get me wrong, some of the best recipes are thrifty recipes and I have been cooking like that for ever.


My mom was really frugal and my dad as well so I went to the frugal cooking school. I make my own chicken broth, I buy chicken breats with the bones in (cheaper) and rarely buy convenience food.


So I was really surprised to see (first photo) the salmon in pastry sacks on the Rachel Ray show...that one got my tastes buds going! Not exactly a cheap recipe, but if you like salmon it is an excellent recipe for company (or a romantic diner...) Very tasty and easy! Here's the link : http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=2638





Last night I tried Sticky Hoisin Chicken from Chatelaine and that was delicious as well. Skinless,sweet, simply yummy! And the chicken tight were on sale!

I found that recipe while I was cleaning my humongous folder where I keep all the recipes I save from the magazines....I really should stop doing that because I try maybe 5% and the rest just yellow....

I served it with asian coleslaw and steamed broccoli....Mucho Yummo!

I made another batch of sauce to marinate small chunks of tofu...That was tonight's super....Delicious as well


If you ever make one of those recipes,please leave a comment I'd like to hear from you!
Goodnight my friends

2 comments:

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

I am drooling. We finished supper but looking at these photos, I could eat again:)

Vonlipi said...

Thanks for stopping by!

I know how you feel....:)