Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Going on Vacation?

Welcome to Retro Tuesday! Here the temperature is sweltering, I could litterally cook a steak on the asphalt in my driveway! My hair feels like I have a wet wool carpet on my head...It is not pretty!

I was thinking of posting about cool gelatin salads...Pineapples stuffed with chicken salad....molded cole slaw...But rest assured dear readers, I decided against that...

Instead I will be posting some travel ads I found in the February 1948 issue of Holiday. Holiday was a high end mag for americans of certain means.Here we go!
Looking for heat? Sand? Humidity?

Funny how they show us the city more than the sea...

This is perfect if you want cool and crisp! Except that we are out of snow at the moment...


Nothing better than a canadian winter-tan! Probably some snow somewhere in the prairies....we never know!


Wait for me! I wanna go! Notice how the woman is dragging her husband? There must be great shopping in Massachusets!

Staycation? Not to worry!

You can always show home movies....

OR


Play board games! I would love to try Dragon's Teeth! I could pick up a copy while in Massachusets!

Well that's it for me! Now be good readers and fly,hop,jump to my pal Tracy's way funny blog RIGHT HERE! Say hi to Ginger for me!

P.S: I won the Crazy Suburban Mom giveaway! YAY! Lucky me!

2 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love these old ads! How fun the graphics are!! I've never heard of that board game wish we could find one! Try to stay cool....

Mimi said...

Congrats you lucky lady!

Great post! I am in total vacation mode...