Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Retro Tuesday: Snacks and Hors d'oeuvres

A beautiful Retro Tuesday to you!
Last saturday I found this retro gem at an estate sale in Hudson, Qc. The Snacks and Hors-d'oeuvres book of recipe cards by East and West cookery cards. Published in 1968 by Hamlyn House, The Centre,Feltham,Middlesex.
Of course the pictured grabed my retro imagination...

Assorted Hord D'Oeuvres

Check this spread out! YUM! Canned herrings, spanish salad, ham rolls..Orange juice...ORANGE JUICE!?! this is not my idea of a refreshing drink with appetizers!



Cheese Fiesta! Cheese boats, cheese sticks and cheese aigrettes (the aigrettes are really cream puffs with cheese inside). My mouth is watering!


Scotch Woodcok
At first I thought there was actually some kinda bird inside but it's really just bread, scrambled eggs and plenty of anchovies! Eggs and salty eyebrows, Yum!



Mac'n' cheese. I had no idea it was an appetizers, but a good snack ! And yes it's baked in a Pyrex Butterprint 503! How fab is that?

For more Retro Tuesday Fun visit my ever de-cluttering pal the fab Tracy @ Crazy Suburban Mom !

Have a super duper great day! LOL 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I would so have gotten this too! I love these kinds of things - and is it a coincidence that we both did cooking today! LOL

Maureen said...

The Mac 'n Cheese looks good but it might just be the Pyrex!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love the old cookbooks because of the wonderful photos. Maybe the OJ was really a screwdriver? (OJ & Vodka)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.