Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Ice Ice baby

strangely enough the weather forecast here in Quebec has been strangely accurate.....Some readers are probably wincing at the use of strangely twice in the same sentence....

I apologize but always keep in mind that my Mother tongue is French....

I can write really (mostly) well in both languages and even in Insurance talk (my work tongue).

But in my day to day life I speak Frenglish...Half French, half English and it seems it is a Montreal thing..

Okay back to the story...So Meteo Media predicted snow last night, check, and freezing rain after continuing this morning and rain later in the day...

I had a dentist appointment at 10:00 am. The dentist is approximately 7 minutes away by foot....

I step on the first step with my boots with ice grips...specially worn for the occasion!

and I just slip and fall ...it is all in slow motion....and when it stops I find I am holding the rail with my arms that has the bad tennis elbow.....ow!

 I get up, I"m thinking I"m going to the dentist! and I proceed to wobble on the sidewalk. It is like ice skating rink but with bumps and dips and it is really hard to navigate....

I walk maybe 60feet and I think the F*** with it, I am going home and rescheduling that appointment...

 Look at those Xmas tree needles!
They look frosted, they are!

Unfortunately my pictures do not do the situation justice.
a lot more freezing rain fell after.

I never thought of taking a picture of my steps, my very icy steps before or after my fall!

Oh well! We can certainly count on the weather to keep us entertained! 
I iced my arm multiple times during the day.

Sleep tight!

2 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I have fallen down icy steps before and it's not fun. I hope your arm isn't hurt badly!

Cheapchick said...

You guys get freezing rain so bloody often - glad you didn't hurt yourself too badly.