Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What can you get for a twenty?


That is what you get for 20$!!! I went to the Encans Lachute today (90 min from Montreal). They have a flea market every tuesday during the summer. I was very impressed by the plethora of glassware: Pyrex, Fire King, Federal, Glasbake. And tons of depression glass too!
Today was a test run for Brimfield Mass (that big antique show in September). We went with our buggey and water, to see how it would work out. The conclusion more food! With the heat we felt kinda faint after while....
I really like the ones I bought today. The grease jar: 2$, the white 402 3$ ( I call it the popcorn size, 'coz when you want an individual bowl it is perfect!), the loaf pan 5$ (that pale turquoise is finger licking) and the Butterprint 441 & 442 10$ (for both) (they are minty!!!). I could've spend a lot more, but I realise, that I am not crazy about all the patterns (Old Orchard comes to mind) and I don't care for all the sizes (404 & 444 not so much, and that split casserole, so so...).
We had a wonderful lunch at a billards place called TopShot (the ribs are INCREDIBLE!). I have been watching that Food Network Show (Diners, Drive-ins and Dives or something like that) and I want to try all that interesting road food. Can you believe that I feel all Pyrexed out? I don't want to go to the church basement tomorrow....

4 comments:

lera said...

I think you may be the Pyrex queen. :-)

Cynthia said...

I think you have enough Pyrex to open your own store! I love all your treasures you have found and I am drooling! It's getting harder to find pieces here in TX. Please stop by and check out my small collection of Pyrex some time. Enjoy your day!

Vonlipi said...

Lera, thank you for the post! I would love to be the Pyrex queen (of Canada at least)! Stop by anytime!

Vonlipi said...

Hi Cynthia! The reason my collection is so big, is that I am lucky enough to have Pyrex soldiers (Led by my father, of course!). When you have 4 or 5 people looking for you it goes super fast! Thanks for your comment, and I will enjoy my day that is for sure...:)