Sunday, August 24, 2008

Oranges & lemons


Since after a month of daily rain, Mother nature decided to plunge us in a heat wave....I stayed mostly inside today and took pictures of....you guessed it! Pyrex! Big, bold beautiful Pyrex....
I try to use my Pyrex as much as possible. When I plan meals I also ask myself: Which Pyrex would enhance the look of the food? I which bowl or casserole should I serve this salad?
The bowl sizes all have different purposes (for me at least). The 401 is the soup bowl, the cereal bowl...The 402 is wonderful for individual popcorn serving or a small salad. The 403 is the all purpose mixing and salad serving. The 404 is for big tasks, like holding fruit or mixing up big batches of stuff especially around Xmas.
But everytime I look at that citrusy carafe, I cannot use it, it looks soooo fragile! So I just display it for the time being....

1 comment:

The Thriftaholic (Leilani) said...

Lovely photo, I like the idea that you plan what Pyrex to use with meals! My mixing bowls get a lot of use as do my casseroles...the first meal I ever made my current boyfriend was made in a Pyrex casserole dish. :)