Monday, August 25, 2008

Hum Delphite....


I just love the color of Delphite. I find it so calming and vintage and country (in a non tacky way).
I got my very first piece in 1988 or 89 in a church basement for .25 cents. It was the cup.In 1992 I found in another church basement a very nice 502 with the lid for 2$. Only the lid survives to this day....In 2002 I found saucers and I thought : Better to buy 2 just in case....I never found a secound cup....But still I had no idea of what it was...I was just fascinated with the color....
In early 2008 I was talking to a friend about the Pyrex frenzy...And he told me he had the creamer and sugar dish and lo and behold he gave them to little ol'me....

Beautiful little 501s....

The one with the lid on I got at the Lachute flea market in 2007 for one dollar! The lady had no idea what so ever what it was...she was glad to get rid of it! The lidless one at left belonged to my grandma. I use it in the kitchen for salt when I cook.
The one with the lif off, I got as a gift and if you look closely you can see molded dents in the lid-to drain things??? I have never seen that...

No comments: