Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Essential Embrocations...

Ok I love the title of this post and have been toying with it for quite a while now....

em·bro·ca·tion (mbr-kshn)


n.


1. The act or process of moistening and rubbing a part of the body with a liniment or lotion.


2. A liniment or lotion.
 
The other day I was cleaning out the bathroom cabinet for expired products and I found these...
 
 Ok count them....9! 9 rubs, oils and linimments....
Yep 9!
 And they say 3 or more is a collection! Could I be suffering from Essential Embrocatiis?

Look at the cool graphics on the boxes! They look so vintage and mysterious....Truth be told I need these...
Maybe not 9, but I have pain. Not just pain in the ass, LOL!
But back pain,neck pain,tennis elbow,shoulder pain all from 18 years of Bell Canada. A lethal mix of stress and computers...
 Also when I was a kid the smells of BenGuay, A-535 and Tiger Balm  were familiar and reassuring ones.


So whenever the air turns colder (it has been unseasonnably cool this past week) I turn to my essential embrocations...The bottles are priceless as well! I'll be hitting Chinatown today and the chinese pharmacy too. So much fun and relief and all under 3$!
 
I'll also be hitting the Salvation Army....Bring out the Pyrex people! the Queen's in town! LOL (I always wanted to say that!)

8 comments:

France Guérin said...

Have a good day downtown!

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

Where's the Vick's Vapo Rub? That one of my favorite embrocations because it brings back such sweet memories of childhood and my Mom lovingly rubbing Bic (as I call it) on my chest and covering it with a warm facecloth which she then pinned to my flannel jammies. Ahhhhhh! I feel better already!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love that word!!! Very cool graphics and enjoy your shopping...Queen of Pyrex indeed!

Unknown said...

Those are totally cool bottles and I'm with you on the tiger balm - I've never seen any of those others those! But they make a great collection :)

Maureen said...

Well I'm glad you gave the definition 'cuz I thought for sure you were making it up!

Rub-A535 was a very familiar smell in our house growing up. I still love the smell! I hope your rubs smell as good as hey look. Such pretty packaging.

Jim said...

Yes! Tiger Balm is a staple in this house and has been for years.
What a great collection you have for those achy days.
Jim

Vonlipi said...

Sandy, my Vick's expired in 2005! I got a new one but forgot to include it!

I love have all these embrocations to suit my achy moods! I went to the chiro today and now feel all better, nothing like a good adjustment! I still feel the need for a rub...I wonder which one i'll try!

Anonymous said...

OH YES i have a thing for mason jars too. i LOVE all your bottle too :) x