But a couple of months ago with the mac 'n' cheese craze I decided to try some ideas and fiddle with it to see what I could come up with.
1) I brown some ground chuck that I add to the KD along with some chopped parsley
2) the next day I pre-heat the oven to 350 and take some individual baking dishes (AKA Pyrex Pixie casseroles) ....
3) I mix the leftover KD with milk and cubed cheese (the quantity is up to you)
4) I pour the mix in the casseroles and top with italian bread crumbs mixed with a bit of EVOO to moisten.
5) I bake it for 25-30 minutes until the breadcrumbs are browned.
And this is the only way I'll eat leftover KD.
It made a mighty fine Monday supper, nom!