Saturday, November 24, 2012

Mixed Bag 'O' Stuff

Well dear readers,

I haven't been posting for 9 days.....YIKES!

Since the balcony, front porch has been finished, we've had more renos in the basement....

They are installing a sump pump...which should (finally) take care of the water seeping in the basement.
They also took care of the grade on one side of the house.

But there is much more to do, so that means that I'm not able to put up Xmas lights yet.....Sad face.

All that aside we are checking off things on our to do list!

We bought a new toilet bowl and had every intention of installing it ourselves....but guess what? The old one was more than 15 years old and the sizes are not the same, which means we have to get an adaptor and even change the pipe in the floor and basement...

That's when I said to Dan: UHUH NONO I AIN'T PUTTING MY HANDS IN NO PIPE WHERE POOP GOES NO WAY EVEN IF IT'S MY POOP!

Sorry about the language. The plumber is coming over next friday to install it. I'll keep you posted on that.

We finally re-installed the chandelier in the bathroom, Dan sprayed it black and it is beautiful!
I put some crystals on it but I need to get more! MORE, MORE!

And we removed the kitchen fan over the range....eeeewwww! Holly caked on grease Batman!

And I fiddled with the new fan (I.E. reading the instructions and figuring out what they meant!) we will install it tomorrow morning.....I'm crossing my fingers that all goes smoothly.

I finally decided to spend some of my B-Day money from Dad and I got red boots!

I love them. I love red just like my grandma, GranMimi.

  

 Not cowboy boots, I'll have to take a pick of the heel.
 
Here it is the IN heel.
 
Thanks Dad!
 
I had to bring Dan's Ipod to it's final resting place....
 
 
I have to say I HATE APPLE AND ITS PHILOSOPHY!
I'm sure I'm not the only one.
It's like it is a huge sect and you don't know how it works....and noboby will tell you but they will give you an appointment to meet a genius....
 
Well we got a replacement Ipod and now the energy is right again at casa de Vonlipi.
 
I hope all my south of the border readers had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
 
Remember that turkey is very low calorie!
 
I'm starting on my Xmas list and I hope to share it soon
 
Sleep tight and be well :)  
 
 

3 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Wow you have been busy! It's great to get things fixed and updated around your home. I need to get my Christmas decorations up from the basement and out but it's slow going for me these days. Love the red boots!!!
hugs, Linda

ThrifterSisters said...

Love those boots! Try and post a pic of your chandelier. I'll bet its fabulous!

Erica

The White Pear Tree said...

Gorgeous boots girlfriend!