Sunday, November 11, 2012

New Food Network CRUSH

Funny how I thought I was the only one to get crushes on food celebrities...

I loooovvvveeeddd Jamie Oliver but never tried one of his recipes....

I loooovvvveeeddd Nigella Lawson but only make the cupcake recipe, I'm afraid the mixing everything with the hands kinds of puts me off and her kids seem selfish, uninterested and weird.
Is your mother on a TV show? Well get with the program because she is your meal ticket!

I even had a cook crush on Paula Deen, I wanted to get adopted and dipped in butter but the Y'ALL and the way she says oil (OLE) kind of turned me off.

But for about six weeks I've had a sunday morning crush....and 3 weeks ago Dan told me: Are we going to watch the Jamie guy? Because I like him and he's so soothing and calming.

We both have a food crush on Jamie Deen! Every week I want to make his super easy recipes....And I did try the Pimento Cheese!

Boy was it ever delicious!

Here's the recipe:

Pimento Cheese Dip


Ingredients
  • 1 cup grated Cheddar
  • 1 cup grated pepper jack (there is NO Pepper Jack cheese in Quebec, so I used some Jalapeno Havarti)
  • 4 ounces cream cheese
  • 3 tablespoons pimentos (roasted red peppers)
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 cup mayonnaise
  • I added a dash of Tabasco sauce for some kick
Directions
Add the Cheddar and pepper jack to a bowl with the cream cheese. Add in the pimentos and salt and pepper to taste. Using a hand mixer, begin to blend together. Add in the mayonnaise and continue mixing until creamy.
©TelevisionFood Network G.P.
All Rights Reserved.
 
I dn't know how long it keeps in the fridge but I made it last Sunday and it is still good
It used light cheeses so it is about 60 calories for a tablespoon.
 
it is delicious on crackers, on a tasted bagel and in a grilled cheese!
 
This was my Sunday breakfast!
 
Totally yummy and goey.
 
Today he made a butterflied chicken which looked so good!
 
I might need to try it next week :)
 

1 comment:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love pimento cheese and it is so southern!! Hugs, Linda