Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Sealed Pot Challenge

You want to save for a special occasion? A special trip, an anniversary, a b-day? Whatever!

Stretching a buck is a major endeavour! But let's face it we all have some change weighing down our purses, wallets and pockets....and even a loose dollar (loonie) or even a twonie!

I'm always looking for a way to stash money, especially with the crazy renos at Vonlipi's Palace of Pyrex (nice name, eh?)

I was blog hopping last weekend when I read Living Rich on the Cheap , great blog from a fellow Canadian and I saw the Sealed Pot challenge from SFT (saving for travel).

Here's the link: Sealed Pot Challenge

Easy peasy: you sign up, you pick a jar, and activity and you start put moolah in the jar on Dec 4th.

VERY IMPORTANT! You do not unseal the jar....you open it only on Dec 3rd 2013 and get to enjoy the rewards of your hard work.

Here's how I crafted my jar


I took a big empty coffee can and I turned the lid  so the printed side lies on the table. I used duct tape to mark a rectangle large enough so I can fit folded bills (one never knows) and I used an xacto knife to cut it.

I then replaced the lid on the jar and sealed it with duct tape.
 
 

I made a PARIS label for it because we have our hearts set on it.
 Dan just passed by and dumped some change in it! It's not December 4th yet! Well it won't hurt he said.

True, every little bit helps.

So we will see

Now I would've liked to show you some pics, but for some reason the server is rejecting mine, I'm not worried it was that kind of day! NOV 14th 2012 I was able to download pics! YAY!

Now while Dan snores on the sofa I will multi task and watch Dexter AND chopped at the same time! LOL

Have a good night :)
So we will see

5 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I think that is a really great idea! I need to start saving for my trip to Paris next fall! Hugs, Linda

Maureen said...

Love this idea! We save all our change in jars, which really does add up. We need to do the sealed pot challenge, it would be fun to see how much we could save in a year.

Cheapchick said...

Wow, thanks for the shout out! I was eyeing up an empty baking powder can today for my sealed pot - all ready to decorate it with travel pics from magazines. Europe here we come. I hope to put all the loonies I get in there. Cheers!

Sir Thrift-A-Lot said...

Uhhh, Vonlipi. I'm going to sign up. I have nothing in my life to look forward too. NOTHING. Well, besides going thrifting every week.

Jars like this never tend to do well at my house. I like to know how much is in there. Some times I need damn subway fair.

We'll have to wait & see...

Unknown said...

HOW'S THE TIN FILLING UP?

Sft x