Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

I wish everybody a truly wonderful New Year full of possibilities (aren't possibilities the best?), tons of thrifting finds and JOY (laughter is a must) and let's not forget Health (where would we be without it).

I love the idea that we have a new year to explore!

2008 was certainly an interesting year (to say the least!!!).
I got canned, I did most of my TO DO list, really I mean REALLY enjoyed the company of my cats, started a blog, became an ebay seller (when people actually pay for the stuff...LOL), opened my little boutique on Etsy, went crazy in the Pyrex collecting and started to really appreciate who I am. Aaaaaah! The wonderfulness of me! I found out in 2008 that I was much better and talented then I thought and certainly more creative.....I can't wait to discover what 2009 has in store for me!

The picture is of Hoppin' John, a traditionnal New Year's day dish that is supposed to bring you money....I made a big batch....LOL, it's delicious...Rice and black eyed peas, tomatoes and bacon (What's not to like! lol) I saw it on Paula Deen's show, thought it was a good idea and found one on the web...I do add some chicken stock, parsley and tons of green onions. Delicious!

Later my friends!

No comments: