Monday, January 10, 2011

Still Rockin' the Pyrex!

I have to admit I have the after Xmas blues....I'm a bit congested, it's snowing nearly everyday, it's cold and let's face it it's time to put away Xmas...sad face.
Even if i lit the tree every night I still feel I didn't enjoy it enough...Most of the goodies are long gone. My jeans are sighing in relief!

Here's how I use my Pyrex in January...

I take out all the ornements out of the tree and they await triage in the bowls. Then I can put them in their boxes.

Last year I got a Pyrex Terra mug and I've been looking for a suitable plant for it ever since (not too big,not too expensive,not too spikey...I have to keep the house Feng Shui after all and spikey is no good!)
I found it last week and I got some succulent potting medium and tada! Plant in Pyrex. I think it looks cool.
Terra was one of Pyrex misses, the matte finish scratched too easily and the mugs without the handles? Not a good idea, especially since the mugs are too big to hold comfortably in your hand!

   
Here's a little girl who's too cute to be yelled at! I don't know how she does it, but she manages to change the side of the screens on my laptop. She needs a hug!

I should be back tomorrow for some Retro Tuesday goodness! Sleep tight and don't let the bedbugs bite!

5 comments:

Sale-ing in Denver said...

i LOVE the terra cup as a planter! very nice! and what a cute kitty :)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I'm having trouble getting all my Christmas put away...I think it's just the winter blues. I will get to it this week I hope. I also love the terra cup as a planter. Oh and hug that cute cat!

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

I wish I could find a terra mug!!! So much to find....so little time!
Sherry@Back2Vintage

Jim said...

Love that Terra mug! Will have to keep my open for one.
Smart Kitty indeed!

Alyssa Bee said...

The terra mug works perfectly as a planter! I love it! And your cat is loveley :)