Friday, January 21, 2011

What was she thinking?

Canada is talk show poor. Oh we have some, actually we have 3. And until last Monday only 2.

The Steven and Chris show. Don't like it much...they wear more makeup than 10 women together and Steven is so uptight he can barely bend....Chris is a big goof.

Cityline. That is totally geared on mom's. Everytime I catch it it's about babies....I might be wrong

This week I decided to check out the new kid on the block The Marilyn Denis show, well not really new kid because she had been at the elm of Cityline for a very long time and she decided to do something else, but now she's back.

Suzanne Somers was on. OMG yes I screamed in my living room! She looked just like Madam. You remember Madam? Of course you do she had an act in the 80's with Wayland Flowers....

Anyways here's a clip

 

Here she is with Bea Arthur.

Look at that chin. Do you think Suzanne Somers asked for a Madam chin when she went to her monthly visit to her plastic surgeon?

I couldn't get the code for a Suzanne Somers clip but follow this LINK .  Check out the chin, it has bumps in it. It looks like a man chin.

I still can't understand the complusion to try to push back time and ending up looking terrible. Do they find themselves beautiful? Do they tell themselves that it's better to look young and ugly than beautiful and older?
What do their husbands think when they wake up in the morning? oooh I had sex with this hot ugly chick with an old neck but yong boobies? Do they even recognize their wives? Do they yell where is my wife and what king of android are you?

Suzanne I'm sure being an aging 'celebrity' is hard, but you lost all credibility to me right when I saw the CHIN. Someone who sells health like you do should not rack in flying miles from plastic surgery. NayNay that is not right!

It's like John Pinette advertizing for Weight Watchers, I'm not going to believe it. Snooki peddling Channel....

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh you crack me up. Yes I remember Madam and YES she has the madam chin. Maybe it was on sale that's whay she got it. hehehehe

Maureen said...

Oh gawd! It's more than the chin... lips and teeth too I think! Whenever I see these aging actresses with their wax faces it reminds of the old movie with Joan Crawford and Bette Davis 'Whatever Happened to Baby Jane". Just creepy!

Sale-ing in Denver said...

omg, that is hilarious - i just cracked up reading that! i saw suzanne on the 'today' show this morning and it struck me how weird she looks, but i didn't make the madam connection! too funny!

MomWaldsPlace said...

OMWord, I remember watching that as a kid! You are a riot!

Jim said...

I love Suzanne! But haven't seen her for a while. You're right, there seems to be a disconnect between what she preaches and what she does to herself. She still brings to our attention a lot of 'things' the medical and pharmaceutical fields are doing 'behind' our backs.
I thought Marilyn Denis looked more like Madam though. Funny post Ms.Vonlipi!

Vonlipi said...

Nice to hear from you all!

I hope Suzanne is not that freaked out with her chin (and the rest of her face)

My mom had plastic surgery around her eyes and that really scared me and she never was the same after.

Jim don't get me started on Marilyn! Just her hair color gives me the willies! It's for a housewife and not the stage lights, she looks so mousy with a plastic mask. She didn't go lightly on the botox! And those tights she wears all the time!

Suzanne has some very valid points but if I pay attention to all of them I will loose it!

The White Pear Tree said...

LOL!!! Thanks for the laugh this morning!

At first I thought you were talking about Marilyn looking like Madam, because she's also overdone it with the plastic. Suzanne and her must have had a lot to talk about during commercials!

I agree with you that I'd rather age gracefully and wear each wrinkle like a badge of honour. (The grey hair, that's a different story. Must cover those up. And the girls could be a bit perkier, but that's what padded push-up bras are for...lol!)

Jill said...

Oh my goodness - I checked out the link - I wouldn't have known that was Suzanne Somers - creepy!!! And Marilyn Dennis - she doesn't even look like the same person anymore.....

Unknown said...

Up until the last time I saw her I thought she looked good but this last time I saw her - wow. Not good. Not like herself and not good. At all

carrie said...

I googled her chin to see if others noticed her chin too and here I am..Her eyes looked weird too but her chin!! Fillers or implant 4 sure.Marylin Denis is too loud filled with excessive clapping and uninteresting guests. And how old are those so-called foodies she has on to demonstrate..12?