Monday, May 11, 2009

Grey weekend


Finally!!!

A peanut shaped planter I always wanted one! Ok I'm being sarcastic...This picture was taken at Montreal's Salvation Army. I kid you not there was at least 200 of these planters!

1) Who donates 200 new peanut shaped planters?

2) Who buys peanut shaped planters?

Isn't that a good discussion topic? LOL!

The weather has been crazy here. Cold and rainy and damp. I know it's early in the season, but it feels more like October than May. So far I have visited 2 nurseries and I keep seeing crazed people buying annuals. Ok TOO early for planting annuals people! You'll just be wasting your monies...I guess it's live and learn right? One year I planted my tomatoes way early and they all died and I had to spend money (hard earned) to buy new ones (not a happy camper!!!). I don't usually buy tomato plants, I start them from seed (way cheaper). I have a dozen waiting for the great outdoors! So yesterday was real cold and wet ( a fleece and popcorn and movies kinda of day). I was supposed to go to the flea market but didn't really feel like it. So another Sunday...We watched The Wrestler with Mickey Rourke, it was really a good (sad) movie.

Today it's cold but the sun is shining (at least for the time being) and I have to finish removing the dead leaves from the pool (always fun!). I don't know if I'll be doing a lot of things after,'coz that just drains my energy, but at least it will be done!!!

I also have to figure out what to have for supper. I must send a search party to explore the freezer in the basement! Have a good one!

No comments: