Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Lilly of the valley


It's that time of year again. The time the air is filled with that wonderful scent.
Aaaahhhh! Lilly of the Valley. Such a nice little flower! Those small happy bells.
We had some in my childhood house and Mom would pick huge bouquets and give them to the neighbors and bring some inside to perfume the house.
When I moved into my house I was thrilled to discover that I had some Lilly of the valley plants on the side of the house. Well after 14 years, they're everywhere! LOL
I enjoy bringing bouquets inside (my neighbors don't really dig Lilly of the Valley!) So more for me! The bouquet in this picture is made up from 100 stems. That is just the tip of the iceberg...I will be making many more bouquets this week (when I'm taking a break from arranging the garage sale...). By the way the garage sale is nearly upon us, it's very exciting and very stressfull at the same time, and fun too. I can't wait to get rid of all these boxes....I haven't taken the picture of the ashtray yet...today for sure!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not much for Lily of the valley also. I love the fragrance, but its short lived and then you're left with a (very!) invasive ground cover. If I could keep it under control, I wouldn't be so against the stuff. :)

Your bouquet is lovely, though.

Unknown said...

Beautiful bouquet! I never thought of growing that... hm.. I do need some 'cover' type plants...

how invasive is it?

tracy

Vonlipi said...

It's mucho invasive! When it gets too much for me I just rip it out and keep a little. It eventually all grows back!

LOL! What can you do?