Friday, December 19, 2008

Thrift finds....

In the last week I was quite lucky to find these treasures....Some of them are now for sale in my Etsy boutique, some are for gifts...

For instance...take this handsome Bar pump (is there an official word for it????) Is a Xmas gift for Dan (who is into barware). I laughed sooo hard when I found this at The Salvation Army (I guess it's the pump...) I laughed for 2 days....I did go at night with some girlfriends after we had some wine....LOL!
On the same night I found this Hazel Atlas Ovide cream and sugar set...still bright and shiny!

The Royal Canadian Art Pottery mug is in top shape with both original tags...WoW! The tag from the manufacturer and the one from the store. It is deliciously tacky....
And what about the silver plate creamer? Delicious too lol! I love the shape...so retro!

last but not least a treasure from my church basement a super cute crab hand puppet...I shipped it as a Xmas gift to Ethan DND (do not destroy) the son of my flicker and etsy friend Mrs DoNotDestroy LOL. Not everyone embraces the concept of thrifting and recycling quite as much as Michelle (DND). So when I saw that crab, I thought of her son. I will be back soon because I need to tell you about the meatball stew (ragout de boulettes) and my visit to the Salvation Army 50% sale today!

Have a super night!















1 comment:

jocarbon said...

Oui je crois que j'entend encore ton echo de rire..LOL. C'était tellement drôle et le fun. Mon petit plat rouge est sur le comptoir de cuisine et il contient des bonbons, il est tellement beau et je n'aurais jamais cru trouvé un plat si beau au "Salvation Army".

Merci Val de me faire découvrir plein de bonheur.