Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Thrifty Finds!

I had a super day yesterday! I came down to downtown Montreal in the afternoon and then the marathon began!

I had to stop at the Salvation Army! I just couldn't help myself...lol

I made a quick prayer to the thrifting gods and went inside. I found some nice unused mustard and orange napkins (vintage of course) and a melmac cream and sugar set (minty fresh...) and a really cute JAJ casserole with roses on the side. Those items I'll put in the Etsy shop because I can't keep them, but there was NO way I could leave them there, they were just too nice !!!

For myself I found a Pyrex Sunflower 043 lid and 2 delicious milkglass tumblers, and a special cook book for my dad (I can't tell you which one 'coz my Dad is a regular reader and it would mess up the surprise). In case you weren't aware Father's day is just around the corner....The book was a bonus, the bigger gift is supernice if you're into that kind of stuf....

After I made a quick stop at a fancy grocery store to get fancy ingredients I can't find in the boondocks....then a sprint to the Chinatown for some Hoisin sauce and Oyster sauce (and Wasabi peas...come to me..you little green nuggets of JOY!!!) and last but not least a power walk to Old Montreal where the restaurant was.

I was quite surprised by Steak Frites, the steak was tender served with a nice cream and cognac sauce and green beans...plus ALL YOU CAN EAT HOMEMADE FRIES!!!! How can you beat that??? And a salad was included in the price also! It was bring your own wine....good deal

I had a lot of fun with my girlfriends, I hope we all meet again over the summer and that we never loose touch!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm going to an estate sale this morning and hoping for the best! you never know but sounds like you did great!

tracy

Vonlipi said...

I pray to the thrifting gods for some great bounty! lol