Friday, July 3, 2009

I'm back....sigh


2 nights was way too short! And the weather, the weather was super stinky!
Thank god I love the ocean any which way!!! It rained on and off the whole time and it was mucho cold. I couldn't take my usual dip ( I dip in any temp water), am I getting older? I don't know but I had on a t-shirt, a sweatshirt and a windbreaker with a fleece lining and I was barely okay.....
We took long walks, hunted for sea glass and ate plenty of seafood...The hotel room was gorgeous and the tv was LCD!
I went to the Goodwill store for the first time and was shocked to see that more than half the merchandise was new and I felt it was too expensive for needy people... I didn't find anything....No Pyrex (sigh) lol
Next door was a Big Lots store...That was way more interesting than the Goodwill, LOL! I bought a garden hose at more than 50% off....I can't wait to hook it up (I'll do just that when it stops raining!), I also found blue Saran Wrap (love,love,love!).
We did the obligatory Target and Bed,Bath & Beyond visits....Didn't really find some cool things
Oh well maybe next visit!
Now for the pic: I never remember the name of that pattern. I got this from ebay and was very disppointed when I opened the box...The paint was all dull and the description didn't mention it in the listing (%#@!%^&*() and I was too chicken to make a fuss. I had to oil it up for the pic.
Live and learn....

6 comments:

Nikki said...

According to Pyrex book I have, the casserole pattern is called DECO. I'm sorry yours ended up being dull. I really hate when that happens!

I'm also sorry your trip didn't go as planned. I hope you still had a good time!

Vonlipi said...

Thank you so much! I don't look at the book as much as I should! lol!

I had a great time because I am a seize the day and when life gives you lemons you make lemonade kind of gal. I usualy have fun anywhere I go! Thanks for stopping by ;-)

Sonya --Dime Store Thrift said...

Never been to a Big Lots before!

MomWaldsPlace said...

At least you have one! The photo looks great! I wish there was a way to restore these. I have some red edged pyrex dinnerware that someone ran through the dishwasher.

Gotta luv big lots!

Vonlipi said...

You're right MWP! At least I have one....lol

The diswasher is muder on Pyrex!

Unknown said...

Im so with you on prices of pyrex. You know I was just thinking of that today. I went to an estate sale run by an antique dealer. I wouldnt even has gone if I realized that... A pink gooseberry bowl, the large one. In fair shape. Not even perfect shape. They wanted $10 for it...what were they kidding? Nicer bowls that that have sold for less on ebay for petes sake.

um. sorry bout that. I just hate estate sales run by antique dealers. If i wanted to pay retails Id have gone to your shop.

for petes sake.