Thursday, December 24, 2009

VTT: Vintage Xmas pics


It's been a really busy week. Cooking,gifts, wrapping,cleaning, taking care of my Etsy orders....
So I stole some time to go through my family pictures and I found these 2 gems...
Here we go! First pic is of my grandma (GranMimi) and her grandchildren.
From left to right: My cousin Josée, me (in the really cute xmas pjs),my cousin David (looking like a big Buddha) and my cousin Nathalie. This was my first Xmas. December 1966. My grandma was horrified that my parents dressed me up in the red and white pijamas. She thought they were laughing at me, but that probably gave me a HUGE love of all things Xmas!
Second pic: Me and my cousin David (the Buddha) in December 1969. I find myself really adorable and mischievious, and I find my cousin...how can I say that? Not baked enough. Well 40 years later, things have changed...My cousin had time to bake some more and is now the proud papa of 2 kids. GrandMimi is gone now and we're not close, but hey these things happen!
To all a very Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year and don't forget to visit Susan at www.coloradolady.blogspot.com for more VTT!!!


2 comments:

Maureen said...

What a cutie! We've been wondering about you but just figured you were busy with holiday preps.

Merry Christmas!

concretenprimroses said...

What fun pics!
Kathy