Thursday, March 11, 2010

VTT: Small Treasures

Happy VTT everybody! be sure to stop by Suzanne's super fun blog Colorado Lady for a full helping of Thursday social!
Whenever I participate in VTT I feel I've visited 30 or more friends and I feel blessed to visit with you all and see your finds and treasures!

First I'd like to welcome my new followers: Mimi and Douce France. Thank you for following. I love your blogs by the way!

For today's VTT I'm showing small pieces I found in the last 2 weeks and non is over 3 1/2 inches!

I had no idea what those were when I bought them only that my maternal Grandma had a hutch full of that lovely Xmas pottery! I found out that these are Lefton salt & pepper shakers from the 60's. They made me feel all warm and fuzzy....

This little creamer screams mid-century and I could not leave it at the Salvation Army! It's from Laurentian Art Pottery in St-Jerome Quebec, it's less than an hour from where I am. Talk about local! It was made in the late 50's. Not a lot is know about th pattern or the company...

Last but not least,these 2 beauties are thrifty finds for sure! I found them last Monday in Salaberry-de-Valleyfield (a stone's thrown from where I live) in a thrift store that sells mostly furniture. I paid .25 cents for each. The cocktail glass is unmarked but it looks like a Fred Press design (probably a repro) from the 50's and the small green vase is really a planter made after 1930 but before 1950 (my guess in more near 1930) in Green Slag Glass by the Akro Agate Glass Company from Akron Ohio. These made all the glass marbles, but in 1930 their revenues started to dip because of competition so they started to manufacture small glass objects. How coo is that? The pattern is called Ribs and Flutes!

Thank you for dropping by!

22 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Those holly S & P's are soooooo cute.

Postcardy said...

Great finds. The salt and pepper shakers are my favorites.

Unknown said...

Adorable! I hope I don't miss VTT, I'm doing some blog stuff and some real life stuff and haven't posted yet today. In my world of early rising its practically night time! LOL... And Im behind on reading too. Totally have to get to more of your posts later because I see there are more - but for now out to do errands!

Paulette said...

I love seeing your finds! You have such a good eye. Especially love the highball glass here!

LV said...

You have some really interesting pieces. I enjoyed seeing and learning about them.

Maureen said...

Goodness you are all over the place! Love the green slag glass.

Kim, USA said...

Those are pretty, the shakers are unique too.

VTT~Old cameras

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love smalls! Those S & P shakers are really cute but the green vase is my favorite!

Jess said...

Your comment on my blog made me laugh! If you are interested in joining, I am starting a link party called Favorite Things Friday...I will be starting the 19th. I hope you come join in!

Debbie said...

Cute salt and pepper shakers. And the cocktail glass looks like a set my parents used to have, very retro!

CC said...

I looooove everything you've shown. The little salt and pepper is so cute,the little creamer and the planter, well,I want them both. They're wonderful. Happy VTT..have a great weekend..

Sarah said...

Lovely pieces and great finds! I especially like the green vase, such a pretty color green. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. :-)

Anonymous said...

oh...very nice! I love the green glass!

concretenprimroses said...

Great finds! The S&Ps are soo cute, and I lvoe the green glass.

Coloradolady said...

What cute little finds! Those salt and peppers are adorable!!! Have a great VTT and thanks for linking in today....it is always so much fun to see what treasures other find from their neck of the woods!

Toronto Yardsaler said...

Great finds. The creamer is very different, in a beautiful unexpected way.
Rock on!
Erin

Amanda Lee said...

Love your treasures!

Gwendolen Elaine said...

Love the green vase!That is very interesting about the marbles!

Stephanie said...

Amazing to find really cool vintage pieces like that! The salt and pepper shakers are the best!! Peace, Stephanie

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

So, is Grandma forced to pass on her Xmas pottery to you now? Nice pieces.

Stacey said...

What fun vintage finds! The salt and pepper shakers are my favorite...

MomWaldsPlace said...

Hey Babe! I seriously think we are twins separated at birth.

Your shakers are by Lefton. Stop by Lefton Lovelies at Flicker to see some pieces to go with. Mine are not there, because I cleaned my Christmas photos out, rats.

I have two of your black and gold glasses that I am giving away with the large set I have in the shop, shhhh, it's a surprise.

ALSO! I picked up the same slag pot, the exact same, a bit ago. Mine is in pretty rough shape, and it was pretty cheap. I figured it would be good to practice some cleaning techniques on. I bet they came in a really cool holder.

Kudos to you for keeping up with VTT. I have a hard enough time keeping up with blogging, the shop, and VMTeam. YOU are awesome!